Static or crackle issue can be caused by a couple of things. Here are a few troubleshooting steps to try and identify/resolve the issue:
Step 1 - Testing Controller Cable
Do you have to manipulate/massage/move your controller cable around to get voice to work?
If Yes, then the issue is with your controller cable. Please open a case with the Astro Gaming Customer Relations Team with this information and please provide your updated shipping address so we can take care of any warranty repair and/or replacements
You do not need to complete anymore troubleshooting steps.
If No, opps sorry let’s move on to Step 2
Step 2 – Connections and Cables Status Check
1. Make sure that all of the connections and cables are securely in place.
2. Most importantly please check that the red daisy change connector is fully connected to the MixAmp
3. Ensure your microphone is fully inserted on your headset.
4. Wipe down both ends of the controller cable with a clean dry cloth
Have you checked all the above? (YES/NO).
Has the static and/or crackle gone away? (YES/NO)
If Yes, then great you are good to go. If No, let’s move on to Step 3
Step 3 - Testing on a PC with no MixAmp present
1. You will need to use a desktop or laptop to further troubleshoot
2. Disconnect all the cables from your headset and MixAmp
3. Connect the PC Quick Disconnect Cable (PCQD) to your headset and to the microphone and headset ports on your computer
4. Utilize the sound recorder application that comes with the Windows OS.
5. Save the audio file to your desktop or other location on your hard drive
6. Open up the audio file and playback your voice
When listening to the recording playback do you hear any static and or crackle?
If yes, then the issue seems to be with either your headset or microphone. Please submit a support ticket to the Astro Gaming Customer Relations Team detailing the steps you have taken. The team will be very happy to assist.
If No, then the issue seems to be with your MixAmp. Please submit a support ticket to the Astro Gaming Customer Relations Team detailing the steps you have taken. The team will be very happy to assist.